Monday, February 6, 2012

My Host Family

 My Host Family

The family I visited lived in Mongolia. They were merchants.  This means that our life was at constant change and always interesting.  The family worked on trading many different kinds of goods to people like hats, jewelry and clothing.  For fun we would tell stories and folktales to each other.  They prayed to many gods and goddesses but they were most familiar with Buddihism.  We ate tsagain-ide (white food).  The government had many rules including a social class system that was unfair to the chines.  It was first Mongols, then foreigners, then Northern Chinese, then Southern Chinese. our clothes were  dels and boots, dels are basically a dress that was tied at the waist, the men had a choice to were there dels long or short, women always had to wear them long. at the beginning of the day business would be slow and we would see maybe 2 or 3 customers. in the middle of the day it would be my shift to work the cashier, the only bad thing about working the cashier is that i would have to stand there for 4 hours tell my lunch break, by then my legs would feel like noodles. at the end of the day my host family would prepare dinner, and count there profit, when my host family came alittle short with there profit we would reopen the shop to make more money, seeing how it was at night and there would be maybe 1 or 2 people every Hour i could tell it would be a long night tell closing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment