Friday, February 3, 2012

Interview with Kublai khan








Q. What impact did you make on china?
A. I was a successful ruler, many of the emperors before me were land hungry and showed no feeling or interest towards their subjects, I challenged the stereotypes of Mongolia by providing the foundation of a grand emperor; I would have control of Mongol government and china.

Q. How did you feel about your subject’s religious beliefs?
A. I showed tolerance towards the religions of my new subjects, because of my leniency towards freedom of religious beliefs I had created a relationship between my people and me. 

Q. How did you feel about trade with foreign countries?
A. I was a great supporter of trade, science, and fine arts.  My advisor/ friend, Marco Polo had come to China with new ideas.  Then he went back to the West and talked about China.  People were fascinated and came here to trade.


Q. How did your nomadic lifestyle change during your rule of China?
A.  When I took over China it was a hard adjustment.  I am now in a palace and only come out on rare occasions.   I see myself leaving less and less due to health issues.   I miss hunting with my kinsmen.


Q:  How do you run your government?
A.I chose Mongols and those that were foreigners to rule rather then my most trusted Chinese subjects.  In doing so, revolts broke out throughout China because they wanted government positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment